Skip to main content

WORLD

BUSINESS

ENTERTAINMENT

INTERNET RADIO

TECHNOLOGY

HEALTH

SCIENCE

SPORTS

I've Watched A Christmas Story Over 50 Times, and Ralphie's Struggles Are Still a Mood


If I had a dollar for every time I've seen A Christmas Story, I'd probably be at least $50 richer, and that's a lot for a kid like Ralphie growing up in '40s. I saw the 1983 classic for the first time when I was about 4 years old, and my family and I have been watching it on loop every Christmas since then. As you can imagine, this often means I'll go to bed on Christmas Eve with lines like "You'll shoot your eye out," and "Don't forget to drink your Ovaltine," stuck in my head, which leaves me feeling pretty dang festive come Christmas morning. But, as hilarious as some of the lines in the film are, A Christmas Story has stood the test of time for more reasons than one.

The film follows the story of a boy named Ralphie Parker (played by Peter Billingsley), who wants nothing more in life than a Red Ryder air rifle. As Ralphie puts up with the struggles of being an elementary school student leading up to the holiday season, he never stops dreaming about the BB gun, and drops more than a few hints that he's hoping to see it under the Christmas tree (28 hints, actually). Ultimately, the film is about family and enjoying each other's company during the holidays, and who doesn't want to see a movie with such a heartwarming message on Christmas?

From the ridiculous cast of characters to Ralphie's internal monologues and his eagerness for Christmas Day to arrive, there's a lot about this film that makes me want to watch it over and over again every year. Whether you've seen it 100 times or it's still on your "To Be Watched" list, keep scrolling to check out some of the best moments from A Christmas Story.

https://ift.tt/2O0EQRg

Comments