Skip to main content

WORLD

BUSINESS

ENTERTAINMENT

INTERNET RADIO

TECHNOLOGY

HEALTH

SCIENCE

SPORTS

Lady Gaga speaks about her bulletproofed dress at Biden's inauguration

Lady Gaga has had quite a year, wowing critics with House of Gucci, and singing the national anthem at President Joe Biden's inauguration, among, you know, everything else.

"It was one of the proudest moments I've ever had as a musician and a performer," she told Stephen Colbert on The Late Show, saying that singing the national anthem felt all the more powerful in the immediate wake of the Capitol riot.

Notably, she talked about her Schiaparelli-designed dress at the performance, and one extra element of it. "There was a bulletproof vest sewn into the dress," she said, which ensured peace of mind for both herself and her family. Gaga revealed this element of the dress in a Vogue interview at the beginning of November.

"It was a scary time in this country," Gaga said. "I care a lot about my family. As a performer, I understand that I put myself in all types of dangerous situations in order to do what I love. And so I did that for myself, but for my family, as well, so that my mom and dad and my sister would feel confident."

https://ift.tt/3FIMtFs

Comments