Skip to main content

WORLD

BUSINESS

ENTERTAINMENT

INTERNET RADIO

TECHNOLOGY

HEALTH

SCIENCE

SPORTS

12 Times Taylor Swift and Joe Alwyn Have Spoken About Their Relationship

Taylor Swift and Joe Alwyn have been going strong for six years. The couple have worked hard to keep their love story under wraps (it's still unclear whether or not those engagement rumors are true), but every now and then, we get tiny glimpses into their relationship. No matter how much they divulge, however, Swift and Alwyn have made it very clear that they don't plan on publicizing their sweet romance anytime soon - if ever.

Thankfully, Swift's music has doubled as a documentary into their relationship. We've seen (or rather listened to) their love for one another grow with each album, from "Reputation" and "Lover" to more recently "Folklore" and "Evermore." Naturally, Swift's music has made fans only more curious about the status of their relationship.

While promoting Hulu's new series "Conversations With Friends," the British actor briefly touched on why he won't be addressing the engagement rumors. "If you give it to them, it just opens the door," he told WSJ Magazine.

It's a rare occurrence that the couple address their romance publicly, but we found the sweetest quotes they've said about each other and their relationship over the years. Keep reading to find out what they have to say about keeping their romance top secret and more.

Joe Alwyn on Taylor Swift

Taylor Swift on Joe Alwyn

  • On "carving out a human life within a public life": "But I think that in knowing him and being in the relationship I am in now, I have definitely made decisions that have made my life feel more like a real life and less like just a storyline to be commented on in tabloids."
  • On finding happiness with Alwyn: "I was falling in love with someone who had a wonderfully normal, balanced life. We decided together we wanted our relationship to be private. I was happy. But I wasn't happy in the way I was trained to be happy. It was happiness without anyone else's input. We were just happy."
  • On why their relationship "isn't open for discussion": "I've learned that if I do [talk about it], people think it's up for discussion, and our relationship isn't up for discussion. If you and I were having a glass of wine right now, we'd be talking about it - but it's just that it goes out into the world. That's where the boundary is, and that's where my life has become manageable. I really want to keep it feeling manageable."
  • On hearing Alwyn come up with the chorus for" Betty": "I just heard Joe singing the entire full-formed chorus of 'Betty' from another room. And I was just like, 'Hello.'"
  • On their shared love for music: "Joe and I really love sad songs. We've always bonded over music."


Comments