Skip to main content

WORLD

BUSINESS

ENTERTAINMENT

INTERNET RADIO

TECHNOLOGY

HEALTH

SCIENCE

SPORTS

Lady Gaga Ends Miami Show Early Due to Lightning Storm: "It Was Better to Keep You Safe"

An unpredictable lightning storm forced Lady Gaga to stop a concert on her Chromatica Ball tour on Sept. 17, ending her show with six songs still to go. "I'm sorry that we can't finish but I don't want to put your life in danger and I don't want to put our life in danger," she said to fans at Miami's Hard Rock Stadium. "So thank you, get home safely, god bless you, and thank you for coming to the show. Please go home."

After the show, Gaga shared an emotional Instagram video addressing the situation. "We really tried to finish the show in Miami tonight but we couldn't because even when the rain sort of stopped, there was lightning that was striking right down to the ground, so close to us," she said through tears. She added that it had taken a long time for her to "get back to a place where I could perform and be healthy," and said that "I hope you know that part of why I decided not to finish the show is because I am healthy and it's a healthy decision for all of you and for myself as well."

She then shared a selfie along with the caption, "I'm sorry i couldn't finish the show it was too dangerous the lightening was being unpredictable and changing moment by moment, I love you. Look, for years some of you have called me 'mother monster,' in my heart I knew it was better to keep you safe. Thank you for believing in me. This was the greatest tour of my life and I will cherish this moment forever - it took a long time for me to heal, but I did."

She added that although she would have loved to perform her and Ariana Grande's hit "Rain on Me" for her fans in the pouring rain, safety had to come first.

Lady Gaga's Chromatica Ball tour had a total of 20 dates, beginning in Europe and touching down in Japan and North America. All tour dates had several days in between them, designed to allow Gaga time to rest and manage her fibromyalgia, a chronic condition which she spoke about in her 2017 documentary "Gaga: Five Foot Two." The condition forced her to cut her Joanne World Tour short in 2018 with ten dates left to go.

The Miami show was the last date on her Chromatica Ball tour, which has been widely praised, with Rolling Stone calling it "a reminder that she's one of the greatest living musical performers."



Comments