Skip to main content

WORLD

BUSINESS

ENTERTAINMENT

INTERNET RADIO

TECHNOLOGY

HEALTH

SCIENCE

SPORTS

Jimin and Ha Sung-woon Dropped an OST For Netflix's "Our Blues," and the Lyrics Are Bittersweet

BTS's Jimin has dropped a number of solo songs throughout the years, but on April 24, he unveiled his first-ever original soundtrack (OST). The star collaborated with former Wanna One member Ha Sung-woon to release "With You" as part of the soundtrack for the new Netflix K-drama "Our Blues." As fans know, Jimin and Sung-woon are good friends. They've hung out on a number of occasions and have supported each other throughout their careers, making their collab all the more special.

Days before the track's release, a representative from Yam Yam Entertainment (the company behind the "Our Blues" soundtrack) teased, "Jimin's soft vocal tone and Ha's attractive, engaging tone are weaved together in this song and their harmony made it even more beautiful." After finally hearing "With You" for themselves, fans couldn't agree more. If you can't get enough of the song, either, check out the meaning behind the lyrics below.

Jimin and Sung-woon's "With You" Lyrics

While most of the "With You" lyrics are sung in English, the second verse features Korean lyrics, translated here by @btsinthemoment.

Verse 1:
I wanna be with you
And I wanna stay with you
Just like the stars shining bright
You're glowing once more
Right here beside you, I'm still
Walking wherever you go
You will live forever in me
Breathing deeply, within me

Chorus:
Just take it all
I'm nothing without your love
I promise I'll never leave your love
My heart is beating 'cause of you
Forever and ever and ever
Only you can take my heart
Dear my love, love, love
I wanna stay with you

Verse 2:
Memories are always in this room that is called the heart
Full of stories with you
I, too, don't know when it all began but
I want to tell you all my stories

Chorus:
Just take it all
I'm nothing without your love
I promise I'll never leave your love
My heart is beating 'cause of you
Forever and ever and ever
Only you can take my heart
Dear my love, love, love
I wanna stay

Outro: Jimin
Tore my heart
Now I'm in the dark
Will we meet in our dreams
Breaking my heart
Here we are apart
I wanna stay near you

What Do Jimin and Sung-woon's "With You" Lyrics Mean?

"With You" tells a bittersweet love story. The lyrics are reminiscent of a relationship that didn't work out, though one party desperately wanted it to - and now, no matter how much time passes, they'll never forget that person or the way they made them feel. "My heart is beating 'cause of you / Forever and ever and ever / Only you can take my heart," the duo sings in the chorus.

The song's outro is especially emotional. "Tore my heart / Now I'm in the dark / Will we meet in our dreams," Jimin sings. "Breaking my heart / Here we are apart / I wanna stay near you."

The lyrics go perfectly with the storyline of "Our Blues." The series follows various characters living on Jeju Island, including truck merchant Lee Dong-seok (Lee Byung-hun), single mother Min Seon-ah (Shin Min-a), bank manager Choi Han-soo (Cha Seung-won), and fish store owner Jeong Eun-hee (Lee Jung-eun). Over the course of the episodes, we learn that Dong-seok and Seon-ah were once in a relationship, while Han-soo was Eun-hee's first love. Both couples eventually reconnect, which brings up old memories of the past.

To see how the love stories in "Our Blues" play out, be sure to watch new episodes of the show every Saturday and Sunday on Netflix.



Comments