Skip to main content

WORLD

BUSINESS

ENTERTAINMENT

INTERNET RADIO

TECHNOLOGY

HEALTH

SCIENCE

SPORTS

Daniel Radcliffe Looks Unrecognizable in the First Images From His "Weird Al" Yankovic Biopic

Daniel Radcliffe will play pop parody legend "Weird Al" Yankovic in the upcoming biopic titled "WEIRD: The Al Yankovic Story." On Jan. 18, Yankovic confirmed the exciting news via a statement to Entertainment Weekly. "When my last movie UHF came out in 1989, I made a solemn vow to my fans that I would release a major motion picture every 33 years, like clockwork. I'm very happy to say we're on schedule," the five-time Grammy-winning parody musician said in the statement. "And I am absolutely thrilled that Daniel Radcliffe will be portraying me in the film. I have no doubt whatsoever that this is the role future generations will remember him for."

Produced by Funny or Die and Tang, the film's screenplay will be written by Yankovic and Eric Appel, who will also direct the biopic. It will stream exclusively for free on The Roku Channel with production beginning this month. On Feb. 19, Radcliffe was seen dressed as Yankovic on the set of the upcoming film, donning a long curly wig, mustache, and printed shirt. He was also spotted holding a coffee drink and sharing a laugh with one of the crew members. See Radcliffe transform into Yankovic below!

https://ift.tt/qm0DprX

Comments