Skip to main content

WORLD

BUSINESS

ENTERTAINMENT

INTERNET RADIO

TECHNOLOGY

HEALTH

SCIENCE

SPORTS

James Corden explains how his Twitter account got hacked

A man sits at his desk with the words

James Corden may have had a relaxing six-week break from The Late Late Show, but there was at least one stressful element: His Twitter got hacked. Or, more specifically, he got phished.

"My Twitter got hacked over the summer," says Corden in the Tuesday night Late Late Show clip above. "I got this message from someone who works at Twitter saying there's been sensitive information on your account. I hadn't posted in a year, so I was like, 'OK, I should probably look at that.'"

Corden says he asked if the action was legitimate and was told it was, and that he just needed to fill out a form. He googled the form, and it seemed like the right one.

"So I go sure, put my information in, and then bang, gone," the host says. "Then I got a WhatsApp message from somebody saying, 'I've frozen your Twitter. You can buy your account back for $1,000.' And I just put, 'Bro, you can keep it.'"

Phishing attacks like this one have been on the rise in recent years, as have celebrity Twitter hacks. With Twitter suffering recent security vulnerabilities, there's never been a better time to take steps to keep your social media accounts safe.



Comments